Are you searching for a special needs daycare in the Lake Park Florida? Then, Tender Care PPEC is the perfect place for your child!
What is Tender Care?
Tender Care is a Prescribed Pediatric Extended Care Facility (PPEC) that provides care for medically complex and fragile children from birth to 21 years of age. We operate in a daycare-like environment staffed with nurses, CNAs, and therapists.
Why choose Tender Care?
We are the first independently owned PPEC in the State of Florida with our initial center opening in 1988 and we have six established centers with more on the way. This means we have abundant experience and knowledge in providing loving care to this special pediatric population.
Our goal is to enhance the development of each child in every aspect possible, through collaborative relationships between families and staff. This holistic approach to care is carried out in an environment that allows the child to engage in social interactions with their peers, meeting not just physical and medical needs but also their social and psychological needs as well. This results in thriving children, well-positioned to achieve their greatest potential.
Standard benefits of Tender Care services:
- Your child will feel at home and comfortable in a daycare-like setting
- Nurses, CNAs, and therapists specially trained to take care of medically complex and fragile children
- Enhance the development of your child in every aspect
Emotional benefits of Tender Care services:
- You will have peace of mind knowing that your child is in good hands
- Watch your child thrive under the care of our experts
Why is a facility with PPEC credentials better than the alternative?
It is beneficial for your special needs child to go to a PPEC center due to its many advantages.
Advantages for the child/family:
- Centrally located nurses and therapy decreases intrusions in family dynamics at home
- Increased socialization with others
- Decreased hospitalization
- Personalized case management, ensuring the best care for your child
- Offers parents/caregivers increased potential to return to work or school
- Early detection of potential health problems by licensed professionals
Advantages for the payer:
- Decreased hospitalizations through early detection and care management
- Increased compliance with the plan of care resulting in less utilization of health care benefits
- An average savings of 40% to 50% compared to Home Health services
Can I enroll my child in Tender Care?
Below are the common pediatric diagnoses that indicate a potential need for daily skilled nursing services.
- Premature infants diagnosed with bronchopulmonary dysplasia, apnea of prematurity, oxygen and pulse oximetry dependence
- Cerebral palsy with gastrostomy or jejunostomy dependence and/or seizures
- Spina bifida with or without an Arnold Chiari malformation and shunt monitoring, and urinary catheterization dependence
- Certain cardiac anomalies
- Post-transplant status
- Immunosuppressed status
- Tracheostomy status (with or without ventilator dependence)
- Failure to thrive
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- History of hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy
- Adrenal Insufficiency
- Presence of colostomy, ileostomy, urostomy, or vesicostomy
How do I enroll my child?
We made it very easy for you to enroll your child into our program. Click this link or the button below and fill out our short form. Then, someone will be in contact with you to discuss your child’s needs.
Hurry and enroll! Only 35 families can sign up for this location and spots are filling up!