Are you looking for a place to care for your child with Special Medical Needs?
Tender Care PPEC in Spring Hill is the perfect place for your medically complex and fragile child. Our nurses, CNAs, and therapists are specially trained to take care of children with medical complexities. Tender Care provides a daycare-like environment so that your child can feel comfortable and at home.
At Tender Care, our goal is to enhance the development of each and every one of our children in every aspect possible. With our collaborative relationships between families, physicians, nurses, and therapists, we know that we can make a difference in your child’s life.
Contact us today to schedule a tour of our facility! We look forward to meeting you and your family!
What is PPEC?
PPEC stands for Prescribed Pediatric Extended Care. A PPEC center is a licensed, non-residential, day treatment program prescribed by a physician for medically complex and technologically dependent children. Care is provided by a team of skilled pediatric professionals.
Tender Care’s daytime program provides skilled nursing care, skilled therapies, specialty consultants and developmental stimulation for medically complex children up to twelve hours per day.
PPEC Offers Many Advantages…
To the child/family:
- Centrally located nursing and therapy decreases intrusions into family dynamics at home
- Increased socialization with other children
- Decreased hospitalization
- Personalized case management ensuring the best care for your child
- Offers caregivers increased potential to return to work or school
- Early detection of potential health problems by licensed professionals
To the payer:
- Decreased hospitalizations through early detection and case management
- Increased compliance with plan of care resulting in less utilization of health care benefits
- An average savings of 40% to 50% compared to Home Health services
Common pediatric diagnoses that indicate a potential need for daily skilled nursing services:
- Premature infants diagnosed with bronchopulmonary dysplasia, apnea of prematurity, oxygen and pulse oximetry dependence
- Cerebral palsy with gastrostomy or jejunostomy dependence and/or seizures
- Spina bifida with or without an Arnold Chiari malformation and shunt monitoring, and urinary catheterization dependence
- Certain cardiac anomalies
- Post-transplant status
- Immunosuppressed status
- Tracheostomy status (with or without ventilator dependence)
- Failure to thrive
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- History of hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy
- Adrenal Insufficiency
- Presence of a colostomy, ileostomy, urostomy, or vesicostomy
Tender Care is a prescribed pediatric extended care facility. It is our mission to provide skilled nursing care to medically complex and fragile children from birth to 21 years of age. We are staffed with nurses, CNAs, and therapists. Tender Care is the FIRST independently owned PPEC in the State of Florida with our initial center opening in 1988. We have 33 years of experience in the provision of loving care to this special pediatric population. It is our goal is to enhance the development of each child in every aspect possible, through collaborative relationships between families, physicians, nurses, and therapists. This approach to care is carried out in an environment that allows the child to engage in social interactions with their peers, meeting not just physical and medical needs but also their social and psychological needs as well. This results in thriving children, well-positioned to achieve their greatest potential. We provide transportation to and from the facility, complete with handicap accessibility. Each one of our vans is accompanied by a nurse for the child’s safety. While attending, Tender Care provides nutritious meals throughout the day. For our children that receive their nutrition through a G or J tube, our nurses are proficient in administering these feedings as well. What sets us apart is that we care, we have passionate hearts for our children and desire to see them succeed.
Tender Care Medical Services, INC
Spring Hill PPEC Center
306 Beverly Court
Spring Hill, FL 34606
Facility Administrator: Lori Mazzuco RN, BSN
Phone: (352) 683-6831
Fax: (352) 666-3200