What is a PPEC and the Benefits?
According to the AHCA, Prescribed Pediatric Extended Care (PPEC) centers allow Medicaid-eligible children with medically-complex conditions to receive continual medical care in a non-residential setting. When approved, children can attend a PPEC for up to 12 hours a day and receive nursing services, therapies, care, and caregiver training.
If you are a parent of a special needs child, you know that finding the right care for them is essential. You want to be sure they are getting the best care possible so they can thrive and grow. That’s why so many parents turn to Tender Care PPEC. Our program offers the best care available for children with special needs. We provide personalized care and support so your child can get the most out of their life. In this blog, we list 5 reasons why PPECs are beneficial for your child.
The 5 benefits of our PPEC program include
1. Children in the program receive individualized plans of care and attention from highly trained and experienced professionals. The program is designed to meet the needs of each child, taking into account their circumstances, abilities, and challenges.
2. Parents of children in the program have peace of mind knowing that their child is receiving the best care possible, tailored to their individual needs. The program provides a much-needed respite for families of special needs children, who often face significant challenges in their lives.
3. The PPEC team works closely with local medical professionals, ensuring the children receive the specialized care they need. Whether it’s coordinated with specialists or our speech, physical, or occupational therapists.
4. Being around other children and adults is beneficial for your child. They learn how to communicate and positively interact with others. It also helps them develop a sense of belonging and feel comfortable in social situations. They are able to learn new skills and information from adults and children around them. PPECs provide a safe and supportive environment for socialization to take place. This is important for your child’s development and well-being.
5. Licensed staff are trained to provide early detection of potential health problems. We understand that many health issues can be resolved more quickly and effectively if they are caught early, so we work diligently to identify any potential concerns. Our staff has a keen eye for detail and they are familiar with the warning signs of various health issues. If they notice anything out of the ordinary, they will take appropriate action to ensure that the child gets the care they need. With our early detection system in place, you can rest assured that any potential health problem will be resolved.
If you have a child with medical needs, you want a place you can trust that is equipped to take care of your child. Unfortunately, most places are not able to meet the requirements for the care your child needs. We know how you feel, you have never been able to trust anyone, and you feel like it is your duty to care for your child by yourself. Tender Care knows the fear you are feeling. We know this is one of the hardest times for you. However, we have the experience and training to care for your child. We are a place you can trust with over 30 years of experience and 100+ families helped that were in the same situation.
By scheduling a tour and admission assessment, Tender Care can show you how we operate and how we can care for your child. This starts to build trust between you and Tender Care. As part of our family, you and your child will thrive.
Why should my child go to Tender Care PPEC?
Tender Care PPEC provides care for medically complex and fragile children from birth to 21 years of age in a daycare-like environment staffed with nurses, CNAs, and therapists. We are the first independently owned PPEC in the State of Florida with our initial center opening in 1988. This means we have an abundance of experience and knowledge in providing loving care to this special pediatric population. We have 6 Tender Care PPEC centers throughout Florida, with our newest facility located in Lake Park.
Our goal is to enhance the development of each child through collaborative relationships between families, physicians, nurses, and therapists. This holistic approach to care is carried out in an environment that allows the child to engage in social interactions with their peers. This results in thriving children, well-positioned to achieve their greatest potential. We also offer transportation at no cost and provide nutritious meals throughout the day.
What sets us apart is that we care for and treat every child like family. We have passion in our hearts for our children and a desire to see them succeed.